- Cleanse your skin before applying the mask. A clean face helps the mask penetrate your pores.
- Apply the mask evenly over your face, including your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Gently massage the mask into your skin using your fingertips or a soft-bristled brush. Be careful not to get it into your eyes.
- Let the mask dry on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Lean over sink, dampen mask so that it loosens, then rinse off with a soaked towel with warm water.
- Gently dry your face, then apply a Vilót Skin Face Balm for moisture.
As with other facial masks, it’s best to apply a charcoal mask once or twice a week. If you have sensitive skin, or find that your skin feels dry after using a charcoal mask, only apply once a week or every couple of weeks.
Because the mask needs to sit on your skin for about 20 minutes, it might be more convenient to include it in your nighttime skin care routine.